New Century Health Solution Showcase: Tune in Live or On-Demand | Tuesday, September 29 at 1:45pm CT
Cancer Costs Everyone Too Much. What’s the Real Benefit to Patients and How Can Plans Drive Better Outcomes at a Lower Cost?
In this unscripted discussion, New Century Health’s John Davis hosts a virtual “fireside chat” with Dr. Elizabeth Malko, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Florida Blue Medicare Solutions, Dr. Vinayak Prasad, author of Malignant: How Bad Policy and Bad Evidence Harm People with Cancer, and Dr. Andrew Hertler, Chief Medical Officer of New Century Health. The panel will examine the skyrocketing costs of cancer therapies and who’s really benefiting, misaligned incentives and how we got here, and what payers can do to fix a rigged system.
- Examine the current state of oncology and how we got here: rising costs, low value, marginal outcomes, misaligned incentives, and a lot of hype.
- Understand how Florida Blue and other plans are addressing the staggering price increases in oncology.
- Explore strategies and solutions that can be implemented today—real-world evidence and alternative payment models—to set us on a path toward delivering outcomes-based cancer care at the right cost.
- Elizabeth Malko, Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Florida Blue Medicare Solutions
- Vinayak K. Prasad, Hematologist-Oncologist and Associate Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco
- Andrew Hertler, Chief Medical Officer, New Century Health
- John Davis, Senior Vice President, New Century Health